JN Adam Tuberculosis Sanatorium

History | Photos | Story

JN Adam Tuberculosis Sanatorium

JN Adam Dining Room

Location: Perrysburg, NY

Constructed: 1910-1912
Opened: September 13, 1912
Closed: May 17, 1960
Reopened: 196(?)(As school for mentally handicapped)
Permanently Closed: 1995

Architect: John Hopper Coxhead (1863-1943)
Construction Cost: $250,000 ($5,000,000 in 2006 dollars)

Interesting Note:

  • The oculus in the dining hall was taken from the demolished Temple of Music from the 1901 Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, the building President William McKinley was assassinated in.